Future Scouts: Seize the opportunity to learn cool new things, experience things you've only imagined (or seen on TV), have a blast with your family and friends, and earn awards.
Future Scouting Parents: This is your chance (”blue and golden opportunity”) to teach your son invaluable lessons, instill values that you think are really important, and most importantly, prove to your whole family that you know how to have FUN! Research has shown that early involvement in values-based programs is vital to strong character development. The longer a child stays in Scouting, the more likely they are to develop the values and skills needed to become an ethical and productive citizen.
Register Anytime: Even though the Cub Scout programs kicks up into high gear in September (at the beginning of the school year), you can join at any time of the year! We welcome new members year-round, and if you just want to check out what Scouting (and what Pack 1967) is all about, you can always come to one of our pack meetings or events. Just contact our Cubmaster via email and see when we’re having the next meeting or event.
HOW TO JOIN PACK 1967:
1) We recommend you come try us out first, visit with the Den Leader and meet the other Scouts.
2) When you are ready to join, fill out the online youth scout member application for Pack 1967.
Our direct scout membership link is:
a. Membership Application:
Be A Scout Membership Application
(Cub Scout Pack 1967 – Kings Park West)
b. -or- search for us via zip code (22032) at https://beascout.scouting.org
i. Note: There is a prorated National BSA registration fee that will be charged when you process your application. (it may be ~$11).
3) After you register, our Cub Master will get and email and pass your information on to your Den Leader. BSA will process the form and email you a BSA membership #.
4) Your Den Leader will create an ScoutBook account for you and your scout. Once this membership # is associated with their ScoutBook account, the Den Leader and Parents will be able to track the scout’s progress on all their advancement and activities.
5) The last step is to pay your Pack Dues. We’ll track your dues payments for you in the payment log in ScoutBook. We have 3 convenient ways to pay:
a. Cash / Check(please make checks payable to “Cub Scout Pack 1967”;
b. PayPal– send money to: email@example.com
c. Venmo– send money to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· *(please note Scout’s name in memo comments)