Troop 164's
Home Page
In the News!
Community Service
Scout Thoughts
Can't Wait!!
Earning Our Way

Boy Scout Troop 164
(Hooper, Nebraska)
ScoutLander Contact Our Troop Member Login


I want to be part of the adventures with Troop 164 to learn about myself and the outdoors. 

How do I sign up?
       The new Scout needs to fill out the youth application.  The application needs to be turned into the Scoutmaster at the next scheduled meetings with the application fee of $22.00, which includes a subscription to Boy's Life magazine for a year.

What should I wear to the meeting?
       The Scout needs to be dressed in the Class A uniform shirt for the troop meetings.  The class A uniform shirt and emblems can be purchased at Gottschalk Shop, 12401 W. Maple St., Omaha or online at 
The Troop will provide the new Scout with the handkerchief and slide when the application is returned.
Do I need anything for the meetings?
       The Scouts need to bring their Scout book, notebook and pen.  The Troop will provide new Scouts with the Boy Scout Handbook, when the application is turned into the Scoutmaster.
Icon File Name Comment  
2014_youth_app_english.pdf Youth Application  

Health Forms

There are new Health Forms as of March 2014.  The following information about the policy is taken from the National Boy Scout of America website (

Policy on Use of the Annual Health and Medical Record

In order to provide better care for its members and to assist them in better understanding their own physical capabilities, the Boy Scouts of America recommends that everyone who participates in a Scouting event have an annual medical evaluation by a certified and licensed health-care provider—a physician (MD or DO), nurse practitioner, or physician assistant. Providing your medical information on this four-part form will help ensure you meet the minimum standards for participation in various activities. Note that unit leaders must always protect the privacy of unit participants by protecting their medical information.

Note: This record is provided as a fillable PDF, and members are encouraged to fill it out on their computer, then print the record (rather than printing the record and filling it out by hand). Doing this will improve the readability and accuracy of each member's medical information. For additional information about safeguarding your medical information, click here.

PARTS A & B are to be completed at least annually by participants in all Scouting events. This health history, parental/guardian informed consent and release agreement, and talent release statement are to be completed by the participant and parents/guardians.

PART C is the physical exam that is required for participants in any event that exceeds 72 consecutive hours, for all high-adventure base participants, or when the nature of the activity is strenuous and demanding. Service projects or work weekends may fit this description. Part C is to be completed and signed by a certified and licensed heath-care provider—physician (MD or DO), nurse practitioner, or physician assistant. It is important to note that the height/weight limits must be strictly adhered to when the event will take the unit more than 30 minutes away from an emergency vehicle, accessible roadway, or when the program requires it, such as backpacking trips, high-adventure activities, and conservation projects in remote areas. See the FAQs for when this does not apply.

Icon File Name Comment  
680-001_AB.pdf Part A & B Health Form  
680-001_ABC.pdf Complete Health Form  

Troop Handbook

Joining a Boy Scout Troop is very exciting, along with many questions.  The Troop Committee has created a Parent Handbook to help answer many of the questions.  The most current handbook can be downloaded in a pdf format for you to read at your convenience.  Upon joining the Troop, the last page of the handbook needs to be signed and returned to the Committee Chair.
Icon File Name Comment  
TroopHandbook-Version1.2.pdf Troop 164 Handbook  

Camp request form

Complete Camp request form and submit to the Camp Coordinator to get camps registered.

If a scouts name is checked, this indicates that scout has give his word to his patrol leader, senior patrol leader, and the scoutmaster that they will attend requested camp out.  If scout changes his mind about going after it the camp out is registered the cost for that scout will be deducted from their scout account.  

Any questions see Committee Chair or Camp Coordinator. 
Icon File Name Comment  
camp request form PDF Mar 15.pdf  
Jubilee 2014 camp request.pdf  
Top shot 2014 camp request.pdf